Sunday, April 20, 2014

He is Risen!

The Lord is Risen indeed!

I hope that you all have enjoyed holy week with your family and faith community.  I wish I could say that we were faithfully observing around here but mostly we were feeling yucky.  I also got caught up in home decoration - so we have new pillow covers, window coverings and I even tried furniture painting!  It feels like spring with "new" things in our home.  I also participated in my first garage sale and in the process found a bunch a stuff I had forgotten I had.  I am becoming more of the type to use the good china.  Actually I have 3 sets of "china" coming to me - not one was given to me for my wedding though - they were all inherited. They aren't even in  my house - I have no idea where I would put them!  So not literally, but figuratively.

Basically, I am totally blessed by inheriting things from so many people that I have not really found my own place, voice and way.  So, that's what I have been dealing with these past few weeks.  In the light of Christ what do I do with these blessings?  What is mine to steward in my family and what do I need to pass along to others?  What does simplicity look like and am I seeking that with the right heart?  

So, I am back after a brief blogging hiatus.  I missed DTK last week, but I did finish the chapter and will post about it soon.

I hope that today you remember what it means to be caught between the greatest story ever told and the one that is to come.  That as you live in that tension you lean into his love and vision for you, your family and your community.

No comments:

Post a Comment